: This image shows the side facade of the Butler County Courthouse. This structure was built from 1885-1889 by architect David Gibbs, and like most county courthouses, it has undergone many renovations. A fire in 1912 caused the collapse of the commanding four-tiered clock tower into the center of the building's interior. A new three-tiered structure was constructed to replace the original, and it is the tower which stands to this day. Its architectural style is a mix of Second Empire and Palladian. View on Ohio Memory.
: AV101_B01F01_055 Subjects
: Courthouses--Ohio; National Register of Historic Places; clock towers; arches; Second Empire; Palladian Places
: Hamilton (Ohio); Butler County (Ohio); 101 High St.