: This image shows the front and side facades of the Franklin County Courthouse, which is located in the heart of Columbus' County Government Center. This building was built between 1884 and 1887 by George H. Maetzel. It was the county’s third courthouse and made of Berea sandstone. Before its destruction in 1974 due to irreparable structural faults, it was one of the finest examples of Second Empire architecture in the United States. An annex was added in 1951. View on Ohio Memory.
: AV101_B01F02_147 Subjects
: Courthouses--Ohio; Second Empire Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio); 373 S. High St.