: Photograph showing Squaw Rock, an outdoor sculpture located near the Chagrin River on the South Chagrin Reservation in Cuyahoga County, Ohio, ca. 1940-1949. This sandstone boulder was sculpted by artist Henry Church in 1885, and includes depictions of a quiver of arrows, a woman in front of a shell, a serpent, a skeleton, an eagle, a dog and a baby in a papoose. There is some controversy related to the name of the rock, as the term "squaw" is considered a derogatory expression. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL00332 Subjects
: Cuyahoga County (Ohio); Sculptures; Rock art; American Indian history and society Places
: Cuyahoga County (Ohio)