: View of the west side of the Ohio Statehouse facing High Street in Columbus, Ohio, ca. 1860-1869, located at 1 Capitol Square in Columbus, Ohio. This building, in the Greek Revival style, was constructed over the course of 22 years, ending in 1861. There were five principle architects, including Ohio-born Nathan B. Kelley, who was eventually fired because the extra flourishes he added to the design were deemed too expensive and too ornate for the original design of the building. Inmates from the Ohio Penitentiary constructed the found View on Ohio Memory.
: AL00531 Subjects
: Horse-drawn vehicles--Ohio; Ohio History--State and Local Government Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)