: Caption reads: "View of N. end of S. Broadway in 1858, Old Court House in background." The modern city of Greenville is located on the site of Fort Greene Ville built in 1793 by Anthony Wayne as the staging site for 1794 campaigns against Native Americans in the area. Greenville was officially founded in 1808 and by the turn of the twentieth century was the main metropolitan center of Darke County. By 2000, it was the largest city in the county. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B05F07_035 Subjects
: Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works.; Cityscapes; Courthouses--Ohio--History.; Buildings Places
: Greenville (Ohio); Darke County (Ohio)