Miami Conservancy Building   Save
Miami Conservancy Building
Description: On February 17, 1914 Governor James Cox signed a Conservancy Bill, known as the Vanderheide Act, which provided for the creation of conservancy districts. This was in response to the Flood of 1913. The same month, ten Miami Valley counties petitioned for creation of a conservancy district: Butler, Clark, Greene, Hamilton, Logan, Miami, Montgomery, Preble, Shelby, and Warren. The Miami Conservancy District was officially organized on June 28, 1915. Inspectors of the Miami Conservancy District tour the works of the district on a regular basis to review the state of the dams and levees, and to observe operations and maintenance. View on Ohio Memory.
Image ID: SA1039AV_B05F08_020
Subjects: Geography and Natural Resources; Climate and Weather; Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works.; Miami Conservancy District (Ohio); Flood control
Places: Dayton (Ohio); Montgomery County (Ohio)