: Caption reads; "Old Empire House, located on the NW corner of Main and Market Sts. in Akron. This site is now occupied by the Portage Hotel." The Empire House Hotel was opened in November of 1847 and served Akron until 1912, when it was torn down. The Portage Hotel was built on the site, with a cost of $600,000. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B01F02_028 Subjects
: Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works.; Architecture, Domestic--Ohio--Pictorial works.; Hotels Places
: Akron (Ohio); Summit County (Ohio)