: St. Mary's Church was established in 1837 in Chillicothe in a small building on Walnut Street. The congregation moved to a new building, St. Peter's Church, in 1845. In 1866, a new St. Mary's was built on Paint Street, next to the academy of the Sisters of Notre Dame, which is shown in the photograph. This building was purchased by St. Mary's before the new church was built. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B01F08_005 Subjects
: Religion in Ohio; Churches Places
: Chillicothe (Ohio); Ross County (Ohio)