: Also known as the Morgan Mansion, the home of Colonel W.H. Morgan, an industrialist, was built between 1903 and 1907. His home was built of smoke-blue marble and resembles a medieval Welsh castle. It cost about $400,000 to build. The architect was Willard Hirsh, who also designed several other buildings in Alliance. Col. Morgan died in 1928, and his wife occupied the home until 1939 when she sold it to the Elks Lodge for $25,000. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B01F10_029 Subjects
: Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works.; Architecture, Domestic--Ohio--Pictorial works.; Business and Labor Places
: Alliance (Ohio); Stark County (Ohio)