: Photograph of the door of the Schilder House in Chillicothe, Ohio. The entrance to the home features a fanlight above French doors with a rounded arch surrounding the doorway. The two-story brick house sits at the northeast corner of West 4th St and South Walnut Street.
This house was originally called the Eichelberner-Wood House. Jacob Eichelberner started to build the house in 1826, but soon ran out of money and could not complete it. It remained unfinished for 10 years until the house was purchased by John Wood who completed construction. John and Ellen (Strong) Wood were the fourth grandparents of the late Princess Diana of Wales.
Martin Schilder moved into the house around 1882. The Schilder family owned and operated a successful produce business in Chillicothe.
The home may also be referred to as the Ware House, according to a notation on the back of the photograph. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B01F11_026 Subjects
: Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works., Domestic--United States Places
: Chillicothe (Ohio); Ross County (Ohio)