: Caption reads "Residence of Frank T. Herschede, 3886 Reading Road. Of Renaissance Architecture along classical lines, the mansion was erected in 1907 of freestone on a two-acre plot."
The Herschede Home, located at 3886 Reading Road in Cincinnati Ohio, was designed in the Italian Renaissance style by Samuel Smith Godley for Frank Herschede, owner of Herschede Hall Clock Compnany. The three story residence with red terracotta tile roof was built in 1908, using Indiana limestone, by James Griffith and Sons company. During World War II, the company manufactured observational instruments and optical components for the military, and eventually began making parking meters. In 1973, Herschede Hall Clock Company merged with Howard Furniture and Briarwood Lamps to become Arnold Industries, Inc, which was eventually sold to R&M Imports of Waynesville, OH. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B01F09_015 Subjects
: Architecture; Cincinnati (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc Places
: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio)