Gruen Watchmaker's Guild from side   Save
Gruen Watchmaker's Guild from side
Description: Reverse Reads "Gruen Watch Company. Cincinnati, Ohio." Located at 401 East McMillan Street in Cincinnati, Ohio, the Gruen Watchmaker's Guild factory building was known as Time Hill. Designed by Burroughs & Deeken in 1917 in the Tudor Revival style, it resembles an Swiss chalet. In the 1990's it was purchased, along with the Beau Brommell Tie Company building across the street, by the Union Institute & University and restored to it's original design. Much time and money was spent replacing the original Rookwood floor in the lobby, millwork and many other details, which had been removed by a previous owner, which won the project both the Cincinnati and the State of Ohio Design Preservation Awards. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1996. View on Ohio Memory.
Image ID: SA1039AV_b03f03_024_001
Subjects: Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works.; Architecture, Domestic--Ohio--Pictorial works.; Cincinnati (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc; National Register of Historic Places
Places: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio)