: Reverse reads "Herschede Home. Reading Road, Cincinnati, Ohio."
The Herschede Home, located at 3886 Reading Road in Cincinnati Ohio, was designed in the Italian Renaissance style by Samuel Smith Godley for Frank Herschede, owner of Herschede Hall Clock Compnany. The three story residence with red terracotta tile roof was built in 1908, using Indiana limestone, by James Griffith and Sons company. During World War II, the company manufactured observational instruments and optical components for the military, and eventually began making parking meters. In 1973, Herschede Hall Clock Company merged with Howard Furniture and Briarwood Lamps to become Arnold Industries, Inc, which was eventually sold to R&M Imports of Waynesville, OH. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B03F04_015_001 Subjects
: Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works.; Architecture, Domestic--Ohio--Pictorial works.; Cincinnati (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc. Places
: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio)