: Withrow High School opened in 1919 as East High School with 1200 students. Built by Garber and Woodward in Massachusetts brick, the main building features a 114-foot campanile at the end of a footbridge over a ravine. By the time the WPA guide to Cincinnati was completed, the school housed 4000 students. 2488 Madison Road, Hyde Park.
Reverse reads: "Withrow High School, located on Madison Road at the junction of Erie Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio. Photo by W.P.A. Photogapher, Federal Project #1 (Writers') 5-21-36." View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B03F13_012_1 Subjects
: Cincinnati (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc.; Garber, Frederick William, 1877-1950 ; Preparatory schools; Schools--Ohio; Ohio--History--Pictorial works; Federal Writers' Project Places
: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio)