Hamilton County Courthouse   Save
Hamilton County Courthouse
Description: The Office of the Hamilton County Clerk of Courts originated in 1802 when the Ohio State Constitution provided for the appointment of a clerk of courts for each county. William Henry Harrison, ninth President of the United States, was appointed Hamilton County Clerk of Courts in May, 1836 and was Clerk when he was elected president in 1840. In 1851 the Clerk of Courts became an elected position for a three-year term. Since 1936 it has been a four-year term. Completed in 1919, the Courthouse occupies a prominent site on Central Parkway. Although the interior has been extensively remodeled over the years, the lobby and library have been beautifully restored. View on Ohio Memory.
Image ID: SA1039AV_B03F12_001_1
Subjects: Courthouses--Ohio; Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works.; Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio)
Places: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio)