: Caption reads: "Covenant Presbyterian Church, Cor. North & Limestone Sts., Springfield, O. Jan. 28, 1937."
Covenant Presbyterian Church is located at 201 North Limestone Street on the northwest corner at the intersection of North Street. Designed by George D. (E. ?) Savage in 14th century Gothic style, using Indiana limestone, it has the appearance of a medieval cathedral with its beamed ceilings, richly carved detail, high Gothic arches and transepts and hand wrought swinging chandeliers. The tower stands 120 feet tall. Stained-glass windows patterned after Old World cathedrals have been designed by P.J. Reeves of Philadelphia. Completed in 1927, the building cost $515,000 to build.
View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B04F06_16_01 Subjects
: Springfield (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc.; Churches--Ohio; Presbyterian Church--Ohio Places
: Springfield (Ohio); Clark County (Ohio)