: This most likely a photo of students at Ohio State School for the Blind.
The Ohio State Institution for the Education of the Blind was established in April of 1837 and by July of 1837 began instruction in rented rooms. The first school building was built in 1839, and could accommodate sixty students.This photograph, ca. 1935-1943 shows the four story sandstone structure in the Second Roman style of architeture with a Mansard roof. It is located on the corner of Parsons Avenue, and East Main Street in Columbus, Ohio and first opened it's doors on May 21, 1874. The building has undergone several renovations, and once had a central tower reached an additional three stories, and pointed spires on the north and south ends. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B11F03_36_001 Subjects
: Blind--Education--Ohio; Ohio State School for the Blind; Schools--Ohio; Students; Education; Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works; Ohio--History--Pictorial works; Federal Writers' Project Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)