: Reverse reads: "Montg. Co. Dayton, O. April 23, 1937
Main St. Bridge from N."
The large building seen across the river is Steele High School. The school, which was built in 1984 served as Dayton’s only high school until 1906. Because of high maintenance costs, it closed in the late 1930s, and the building was demolished in the late 1940s.
The Main St. Bridge, which crosses the Great Miami River, is on the right of this photo. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B09F05_014_001 Subjects
: Great Miami River (Ohio); Dayton (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc.; High schools--Ohio; Schools--1930-1940; Schools--Ohio; School buildings--Ohio; Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works; Ohio--History--Pictorial works; Federal Writers' Project Places
: Dayton (Ohio); Montgomery County (Ohio)