: Reverse appears to read: "John W. Patterson Homestead
Dayton Ohio," but the home seen here actually belonged to John Henry Patterson.
Several generations of Dayton’s influential Patterson family lived in this house from 1804 to 1904. Constructed between 1810 and 1850, it was originally the home of Revolutionary War veteran Colonel Robert Patterson and his wife, Elizabeth Lindsay Patterson. It was later home to John H. Patterson (1844-1922), a Dayton businessman who was the founder of the National Cash Register Company. Jefferson Patterson donated the house and its 8.5 acres to the City of Dayton in 1953, and it is now a site of Dayton History, Montgomery County’s official historical organization. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B09F06_035_001 Subjects
: National Cash Register Company; Patterson, John H. (John Henry), 1844-1922; Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works; Domestic architecture--Ohio--Dayton Places
: Dayton (Ohio); Montgomery County (Ohio)