: Caption reads: "
Photograph by WPA Photographer, Federal Project Number One. (Writers').
Statue of Abraham Lincoln, in Lytle Park, Cincinnati. Facing the corner of East Fourth and Lawrence Streets, this statue was modeled in bronze by George Grey Barnard, and was presented to the City of Cincinnati by Mr. and Mrs. Charles P. Taft, March 31, 1917. From left to right in the background is the Anna Louise Inn, a residential hotel-home for young women; the Marine Memorial, which bears the names of fifty-four Cincinnati Marines who fell during the World War; and the Michael Mullen Memorial Band-Stand, erected in 1935 by friends of this popular former councilman and civic leader."
Lytle Park is 2.3 acres and bounded by Fourth Street and Lawrence Street in downtown Cincinnati. It is the original site of the home of General William Henry Lytle, the first Surveyor General of the State of Ohio. A 15 foot bronze statue of Abraham Lincoln, donated by Mr. and Mrs. Charles Phelps Taft stands in the park, which initially caused a storm of critical controversy with its realism. Concerts are often given at the Michael Mullen memorial bandstand. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B09F10_031_1 Subjects
: Parks--Ohio--Cincinnati; Monuments & memorials--United States--1900-1940; Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865--Statues Places
: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio)