: Reverse reads: "Art Museum Eden Park
The Cincinnati Art Museum is located at 953 Eden Park Drive, in Eden Park. In 1880, Charles W. West of Cincinnati donated 150, 000 dollars to the Cincinnati Museum Association to establish an art museum in the city. In 1886, the Cincinnati Art Museum opened, and became one of the leading art museums in the United States. The Romanesque Revival style building was designed by James W. McLaughlin. In 1881, the Cincinnati Museum Association convinced the McMicken School of Drawing and Design to relocate to the Cincinnati Art Museum. McMicken College later became the University of Cincinnati. The college agreed to turn over all operations of The School of Drawing and Design to the Cincinnati Museum Association. The school became known as the Art Academy of Cincinnati. Established in 1887, the academy has trained artists for more than a century. In 1998, the Art Academy of Cincinnati legally separated from the museum and became an independent college of art and design and has since moved to another location. By the early twenty-first century, the Cincinnati Art Museum contained works of art spanning more than five thousand years. Its holdings include works by Picasso, Matisse, and El Greco. The museum also owns a number of works by Frank Duveneck and other local artists. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B10F04_002_001 Subjects
: Parks--Cincinnati (Ohio); Parks--Ohio--Cincinnati; Cincinnati (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc.; Cincinnati (Ohio). Art Museum; Cincinnati Art Museum Places
: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio)