: In 1886, the Society of Jesus established St. Ignatius College in Cleveland, Ohio. In 1923, St. Ignatius College became John Carroll University, named for the first Catholic archbishop in the United States. Twelve years later, the university relocated to a suburb of Cleveland known as University Heights. This picture shows the campus at its new location. View on Ohio Memory.
: index Subjects
: Education; Universities and colleges; John Carroll University; Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works.; College campuses; Ohio--History--Pictorial works; Federal Writers' Project Places
: Cleveland (Ohio); Cuyahoga County (Ohio)