: This photograph shows the Kemper House, a two story, double-pen log cabin that was built by Reverend James Kemper in 1804 to house his family. The Kemper family lived in the home until 1897, and the structure was moved to the Cincinnati Zoo in 1912. Kemper was a prominent clergyman and educator in Ohio's early settlement, and the house represents early Ohio architecture. It was moved again in 1981, and is now operated as part of Heritage Village Museum at Sharon Woods Park in Sharonville, Ohio.
Reverse reads: "Kemper Log Cabin now at zoo
Cincinnati Ohio." View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B10F06_008_001 Subjects
: Log cabins; Cincinnati Zoo; Architecture--Ohio; Settlement Places
: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio)