St. Joseph Catholic Church   Save
St. Joseph Catholic Church
Description: Reverse reads: “Fremont, O. St. Joseph’s church. Aug. 10-39.” This photo features an unaltered steeple St. Joseph's church in Fremont. St. Joseph’s church was first built in the 1850’s, and was founded by Father Louis Molon on December 8, 1857. Father Seraphin Bauer D.D. served the longest pastorate (1862 - 1911) at the parish from 1862 to 1911. In 1876, the congregation had outgrown the old church, and a collection for a new building began. In March of 1891, the congregation began using the new building, but it wasn’t dedicated until July 9, 1893. Father James Arnoldi became appointed pastor of St. Joseph's in 1936 and remained there until 1959. Under his direction, St. Joseph parish continued its steady growth. View on Ohio Memory.
Image ID: SA1039AV_B06F07_010_1
Subjects: Churches--Ohio; Sandusky County (Ohio)--History; Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works.
Places: Fremont (Ohio); Sandusky County (Ohio)