: This is a photograph of the Hardin County Court House in Kenton, Ohio.
This building is the third court house to occupy the square in the center of Kenton, Ohio. The first two were lost to fire. The current one was built in 1915 at a cost of $275,000. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on March 21, 1979 and inducted into Ohio Historical Markers program in 1996
The structure is a double sided symmetrical building. This means that the north and west sides are identical to the south and east sides. It has been ranked by architectural historians as a fine example of neoclassical architecture. It has elements such as pilasters topped with Doric capitals and walls of dressed stone.
The building occupies 2 acres of land. The architect was Richards, McCarty and Bulford. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B15F03_034_01 Subjects
: Kenton (Ohio); Hardin County (Ohio); Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works. Places
: Kenton (Ohio); Hardin County (Ohio)