Saint Raphael Church Springfield, Ohio   Save
Saint Raphael Church Springfield, Ohio
Description: St Raphael Church is located at 225 East High Street, at the corner of Spring Street, in Springfield. Designed by architect Charles A. Cregar, construction on this Gothic style brick building began in 1848. Construction on a very large addition began in 1892, and was officially completed with the dedication in 1898. This historic Roman Catholic church has a 184 foot tower, and a somewhat smaller one holding a 16, 000 pound bell. The stained glass windows, created by Mayer of Munich, were designed in the twelfth-century manner. In 1976, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places. Photo taken in late 1930s View on Ohio Memory.
Image ID: SA1039AV_B15F01_010
Subjects: Springfield (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc; Churches--Ohio; Roman Catholic Church; Mayer & Co
Places: Springfield Ohio; Clark County Ohio