: Dedicated on 27 March 1836, Kirtland Temple became the first structure of it's kind to be built by the Latter Day Saints movement. It was 15,000 square feet in size. According to Truman Cole, a minister in the 1830's the building was originally blueish-gray with a red roof and olive green doors. The style of the building is Gothic, Federal and the architect was Joseph Smith, Et al.
The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places on June 4, 1969. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B15F01_045 Subjects
: Illustrations; Latter Day Saints; Mormon church buildings; Mormon Church; Kirtland (Ohio)--Church history; Ohio--History--Pictorial works; Federal Writers' Project Places
: Kirtland (Ohio); Lake County (Ohio)