: The caption reads: "The Old McGirr House".
The McGirr house is an historic landmark, built in 1854. It is one of Chillicothe's best examples of residential architecture of the mid 19th century. It is located at 71 West 4th Street.
Today, it is called the David Nickens Heritage Center which is dedicated to telling little know bits of history. The permanent three exhibits are The Underground Railroad, African American Women in the 19th Century and The Black Church in America. It is located beside the First Baptist Church of Chillicothe, Ohio. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B07F02_008_1 Subjects
: Chillicothe (Ross County, Ohio); Architecture--Ohio--Pictorial works. Places
: Chillicothe (Ohio); Ross County (Ohio)