: Photograph of a building, located a mile from Yellow Springs, Greene County, Ohio, along the "River Road" that was used to conceal fugitive slaves. This photograph was taken by Mrs. Charles B. Vance. The image was collected by Ohio State University professor Wilbur H. Siebert (1866-1961). Siebert began researching the Underground Railroad in the 1890s as a way to interest his students in history. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL03186 Subjects
: Underground Railroad--Ohio; Ohio History--Slavery, Anti-Slavery and Civil Rights; Yellow Springs (Ohio) Places
: Yellow Springs (Ohio); Greene County (Ohio)