: Bookplate of Henry C. Shetrone (1876-1954; B.A. Denison University). The bookplate is shaped roughly like a butterfly with an inverted comma or apostrophe in each corner. Archaeological objects are featured including an arrowhead and a pipe. The inscription reads: "From the bookshelf of H.C. Shetrone." Shetrone was a journalist at various Ohio newspapers from 1903 until 1913, when he became assistant to William C. Mills at the Museum of the Ohio State Archaeological and Historical Society. He eventually succeeded Mills as director of the Society, serving from 1928 to 1947. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL05657 Subjects
: Bookplates; Shetrone, H. C.; Ohio State Archaeological and Historical Society; Cultural Ohio--Literary Ohio; Archaeology Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)