: This photograph shows white trillium flowers in bloom at the Fort Hill nature preserve in Highland County, Ohio, 1932. The hilltop earthworks were constructed by the prehistoric Hopewell people, 100 B.C.-A.D. 500. Fort Hill became a state memorial in 1932 when 330 acres were purchased. Between 1937 and 1953 more acreage was added until the site was 1,200 acres. The Civilian Conservation Corps constructed park structures in the 1930s and the museum opened in 1968. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL01017 Subjects
: Highland County (Ohio); Ohio state symbols; Wildflowers--Ohio; Nature photography Places
: Highland County (Ohio)