: Reverse reads in script: "Scene in Strobridge Lithographing Plant, Cincinnati c/ Homer Jensen."
The photograph shows lithographing machines in the Strobridge Lithographing Plant. Each machines uses a series of dampening rollers, inking rollers, and cylanders to print the lithographs.
Strobridge Lithographing Plant was founded in 1847 as a stationery store by Elijah Middleton. In 1854 lithographer W.R. Wallace and bookseller Hines Strobridge joined the business. Its signature products were circus, theater, and movie posters. It was sold to the H.S. Crocker printing company in 1961 and closed its doors ten years later in 1961. View on Ohio Memory.
: SA1039AV_B07F09_018_1 Subjects
: Cincinnati (Ohio)--History--20th century--Pictorial works; Cincinnati (Ohio)--Industries--History; Strobridge Lithographing Company Places
: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton (Ohio)