: This is a photograph of a silk guidon of 1st Ohio Volunteer Light Artillery Regiment, Battery A. This is a machine sewn swallowtail guidon with crossed cannons and embroidered gold lettering which reads "Ohio. A." against a red field.
Reformed in 1886, Battery A stationed on civil duties in Cleveland (fires, disasters, and labor disputes) until 1898. Redesignated 1st Battalion, O.V.L.A., the unit was activated for Spanish-American War service (1898, did not see combat) and for Mexican border duty (1916-17). View on Ohio Memory.
: AL02191 Subjects
: Ceremonial artifact; Communication artifact; Military flags; Flags--Ohio, Spanish American War 1898; 1st Regiment, Battery A, Ohio Volunteer Light Artillery; Statehouse--Ohio; Places
: Cleveland (Ohio), Cuyahoga County (Ohio)