: Brigade Colors of the 190th Infantry Brigade, 95th Infantry Division are shown in the blue swallowtail flag with the numbers, 190 and 95, in white. It measures 124 cm high by 156 cm wide. The flag is made of wool with machine appliques.
Ohio battle flags were on display at the Ohio Statehouse until the 1960s, when the state formed a committee to oversee the efforts to restore the fragile flags. Some of the battle flags were on display on the Plaza Level of the Ohio Historical Society from 1970 until 1989. For conservation reasons, the flags have been in storage since 1989. In the 1960s, the collection was photographed and commercial artist Robert Needham painted illustrations of many Civil War flags. Photographs of the flags and the paintings are now part of the society's archival collections. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL02282 Subjects
: Flags--Ohio; World War, 1914-1918; Ceremonial artifact; Military flags Places