: A photograph of the completed footbridges. Design and estimate of costs for two timber footbridges near the shelter building were approved for construction on September 14, 1934. Work on the project started a few days later. Stone and timber were obtained within a mile from the site. Abutment stones were laid in cement mortar. Timber was treated with weather beaten brown creosote stain. Both bridges were completed October 31, 1934. This photo was included as Project No. 47a, Bridges - Foot, in F.E. Whitehouse's (camp superintendent) completion report for December 1934 at Fort Hill State Park. View on Ohio Memory.
: 3076_89_15_f47a_06 Subjects
: Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.); New Deal, 1933-1939; Fort Hill State Memorial (Ohio); Footbridges Places
: Hillsboro (Ohio); Highland County (Ohio)