: Photograph of the ladies' latrine at Fort Ancient, Project No. 24 - B. Two brick public latrines veneered with chestnut oak were constructed. Project started August 15, 1934 and completed January 15, 1935.
Fort Ancient features 18,000 feet of earthen walls built 2,000 years ago by American Indians who used the shoulder blades of deer, split elk antler, clam shell hoes and digging sticks to dig the dirt. They then carried the soil in baskets holding 35 to 40 pounds. Portions of the walls were used in conjunction with the sun and moon to provide a calendar system for the peoples. View on Ohio Memory.
: 3076_89_23_apr35_07 Subjects
: Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.); New Deal, 1933-1939; Fort Ancient State Memorial (Ohio); Outhouses Places
: Fort Ancient (Ohio); Warren County (Ohio)