: Photographic reproduction of an illustration depicting the buildings that served as Ohio's first capital in Chillicothe from 1803-1810. Zanesville served as the capital city from 1810 to 1812. In 1812, the capital was again moved to Chillicothe, where it remained until 1816. The Statehouse in Zanesville held the Ohio legislature from 1810-1812. The building closely resembled the capitol building at Chillicothe, but was built in the Federal style. In 1812 the capital was temporarily moved back to Chillicothe where it remained until December 1816. The name "Jack Bennett" appears on the lower left-hand corner of the print. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL02773 Subjects
: Ross County (Ohio); Ohio History--State and Local Government Places
: Chillicothe (Ohio); Ross County (Ohio)