: Site of the Ohio State Office Building prior to construction, Columbus, Ohio, November 15, 1930. The groundbreaking for the Ohio State Office Building took place on November 19, 1929. The building, located at 65 South Front Street in downtown Columbus, took the site of 34 businesses. It was designed by architects Harry Hake, Frank Bail and Alfred Hahn and is noted as an excellent example of architecture from the Art Deco period. The building eventually opened on March 27, 1933. Originally the building was used for public assemblies and hearings, offices of state commissions and the State Library of Ohio. Currently, it houses the Supreme Court of Ohio. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL02806 Subjects
: Public buildings--Ohio; Columbus (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc.; Explosions; Ohio History--State and Local Government Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)