: Photograph of the 148th Infantry Regiment embarkation at Guadalcanal, on July 4, 1943. Pictured left to right: John D'Amico, Stephen J. Protsik, Don Steman, and H. Corbin. The 148th was part of the 37th Infantry Division and was stationed in the Pacific Theater during World War II.
The regiment was formed on September 14, 1917 with the re designation of the 3rd regiment, of the Ohio Volunteer Infantry, as part of the 74th Brigade, 37th Infantry Division. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL03391 Subjects
: World War, 1939-1945; Ohio History--Military Ohio; Ohio. National Guard Places
: Guadalcanal (Solomon Islands)