: This 1931 photograph is an exterior view of the main building of the State School for the Deaf, located on Town Street in downtown Columbus, Ohio. The building was constructed in 1868 and used until 1953, when the Ohio School for the Deaf relocated to its present location on Morse Road near North High Street. At the original location, known as The Institution for the Education of the Deaf and Dumb, children received schooling and housing on the grounds, which necessitated the position of matron to care for the children during non-school hours. The site of the Ohio State School for the Deaf is now a public park. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL05139 Subjects
: Ohio. State School for the Deaf--History; Education--Ohio; Schools--Ohio Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)