: This photographic postcard is captioned, "Receiving Station for Applicants, Barracks, Col, O." Two men with suitcases, perhaps new military recruits, are seen waiting outside the building. Columbus Barracks, renamed Fort Hayes in 1922, was abandoned, and today, the Fort Hayes Metropolitan Education Center, a Columbus City Schools magnet high school, stands on the spot. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL05142 Subjects
: U.S. Army; Soldiers--Ohio; Military training; Schools--Ohio Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)