: Photograph of landscape architect Albert D. Taylor (standing) with a client couple and their Great Dane, ca. 1930-1949. The photograph was taken in Florida, where Taylor maintained an office. Taylor, a native of Massachusetts, opened his own landscape architecture firm in Cleveland, Ohio, in 1913, and continued in the practice until his death. From 1916 to 1924 he held a position as a non-resident Professor of Landscape Architecture at the Ohio State University in Columbus. When he passed away on January 8th, 1951, Taylor was highly regarded in his profession and was almost single-handedly responsible for establishing landscape architecture as a respected profession in the Great Lakes Region. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL05443 Subjects
: Ohio State University; Landscape architects; Landscape design; Dogs Places
: Cleveland (Ohio); Cuyahoga County (Ohio); Florida