: A view of the clubhouse at the Youngstown Country Club, Liberty Township, Ohio, ca. 1930-1939. The Youngstown Country Club was founded in 1898 as the Mahoning Golf Club in Youngstown, and many of the area's prominent industrialists joined as members, including James A. Campbell, Frank Purnell, and William C. Reilly of Youngstown Sheet and Tube Company. In 1909, the Mahoning Golf Club purchased 131 acres in Liberty Township and began construction on a new golf course and clubhouse. In 1912 the completed golf course and clubhouse opened as the Youngstown Country Club. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL05568 Subjects
: Youngstown (Ohio); Liberty Township (Ohio); Industrialists--Ohio; Ohio Economy--Economy--Business; Steel industry and trade--Ohio--Youngstown--History; Sports; Golfers Places
: Liberty Township (Ohio); Youngstown (Ohio); Mahoning County (Ohio)