: Line drawing of the first courthouse in Franklinton, Ohio, located at the present-day intersection of Broad Street and State Route 315. Franklinton was founded by Lucas Sullivant in 1797. The Franklinton courthouse was built in 1807, but the town's aspirations were cut short when nearby Columbus became the state capital, and therefore would be the home of the new courthouse. Franklinton was eventually annexed by Columbus as the city grew larger, and is now a part of the city's West Side. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL03964 Subjects
: Franklin County (Ohio); Ohio History--State and Local Government--Law; Courthouses--Ohio--History Places
: Franklinton (Ohio); Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)