: Illustration of the First Presbyterian Church in Cincinnati, from "Historical Collections of Ohio" by Henry Howe, 1847. The caption accompanying the illustration reads in part:"The engraving represents the first Presbyterian Church as it appeared in February, 1847. In the following spring it was taken down and the materials used for the construction of several dwellings in the western part of Cincinnati then called Texas. The greater proportion of the timber was found to be perfectly sound. The site was on Vine street just above where now is the Arcade. In 1791 a number of the inhabitants formed themselves into a company to escort the Rev. James Kemper from beyond the Kentucky River to Cincinnatl and, after his arrival, a subscription was set on foot to build this church, which was erected in 1792." View on Ohio Memory.
: AL04030 Subjects
: Hamilton County (Ohio); Multicultural Ohio--Religion in Ohio; Church buildings--Ohio Places
: Cincinnati (Ohio); Hamilton County (Ohio);