: This photograph of the Dayton Institute of Art was taken in the 1960s. The Italian Renaissance building was modeled after the Villa d'Este, near Rome, and the Villa Farnese at Caprarola in Italy. It was built in 1930, after the Dayton Museum of Fine Arts outgrew its former location. The building, which overlooks the Great Miami River just west of Dayton, was designed by architect Edward B. Green of Buffalo. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The photograph measures 8" x 10" (20.32 x 25.4 cm). View on Ohio Memory.
: Om3068_3670125_001 Subjects
: Arts and Entertainment; Architecture; Galleries & museums; Stairways; National Register of Historic Places Places
: Dayton (Ohio); Montgomery County (Ohio)