: Exterior view of the John Stewart Methodist Church in Upper Sandusky, Ohio, ca. 1937. John Stewart founded the Wyandot Indian Mission in 1816 and the local American Indians worshiped at the old Mission Church until 1843. The cornerstone of the new church was positioned on October 8, 1899. Photograph by Harry Evan Kinley (1882-1969), a native of Upper Sandusky. Kinley was active in local events and organizations, and spent his professional career as a clerk at his father's department store, and later as a travelling salesman for the Marion Paper & Supply Company (1934-1962). He was also an avid lifelong photographer, and the bulk of the Harry Kinley Collection is comprised of glass plate negatives documenting the Kinley family, the city of Upper Sandusky and Wyandot County and surrounding areas. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL05387 Subjects
: Wyandot County (Ohio); Churches--Ohio; Methodist Episcopal Church; Places
: Upper Sandusky (Ohio); Wyandot County (Ohio)