Ohio State office building   Save
Ohio State office building
Description: View of the west side of the Ohio State Office Building with clouds in sky, taken from the west bank of Scioto River, Columbus, Ohio. The Statehouse cupola can be seen in lower left. Groundbreaking for the Ohio State Office Building took place on November 19, 1929. The building, located at 65 South Front Street in downtown Columbus, took the site of 34 businesses. The building, designed by architects Harry Hake, Frank Bail and Alfred Hahn, is noted as an excellent example of architecture from the Art Deco period. Construction began on October 31, 1930 and the cornerstone was laid on May 16, 1931. An explosion occurred shortly after three o'clock on the afternoon of April 14, 1932. The building eventually opened on March 27, 1933. View on Ohio Memory.
Image ID: AL05462
Subjects: Scioto River (Ohio); Ohio History--State and Local Government
Places: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)