: James J. Thomas, mayor of Columbus, Ohio, lays the cornerstone for the new City Hall on October 29, 1926. The building, located at 90 Broad Street in downtown Columbus, was dedicated on April 18, 1928. The five-story structure of Indiana limestone, in Greco-Roman style, was designed by the Allied Architects Association of Columbus and cost $1,700,000. Three of the four sections of the building, which surround a court, were completed in 1928, and the fourth was dedicated in June 1936. Thomas was mayor from 1920 to 1931. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL05625 Subjects
: Columbus (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc.; Architecture--Ohio--Columbus--History--20th century; Ohio History--State and Local Government; Allied Architects Association (Columbus, Ohio); Thomas, James John, 1868-1947 Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)