: Dedication of the new City Hall, Columbus, Ohio, June 8, 1936. Audience is seated on the street. Uniformed police officers are in the foreground. A structure that appears to be a gasoline station with pumps is in the background, as is a sign for a diner. City Hall, at 90 West Broad Street, was bounded by Gay, Front, and Broad Streets and Riverside Drive. It occupied, with its park, an entire block in the civic center. The five-story structure of Indiana limestone, in Greco-Roman style, was designed by Allied Architects Association of Columbus and cost $1,700,000. Three of the four sections of the building, which surround a court, were completed in 1928; the fourth was dedicated in 1936. View on Ohio Memory.
: AL05630 Subjects
: Columbus (Ohio)--Buildings, structures, etc.; Architecture--Ohio--Columbus--History--20th century; Ohio History--State and Local Government; Allied Architects Association (Columbus, Ohio) Places
: Columbus (Ohio); Franklin County (Ohio)